1. Gujarat is one of the most prosperous states of the country, having a per-capita GDP 3.2 times India's average.
2. If it was a nation it would have been 67th richest nation in the world above many European and Asian economies like China and Ukraine .
3. Gujarat holds many records in India for economic development:
· 20% of India's Industrial Output
· 9% of India's Mineral Production
· 22% of India's exports
· 24% of India's textile production
· 35% of India's pharmaceutical products
· 51% of India's petrochemical production
4. The world's largest ship breaking yard is in Gujarat near Bhavnagar at Alang.
5. Gujarat ranks first nationwide in gas-based thermal electricity generation with national market share of over 8% and second nationwide in nuclear electricity generation with national market share of over 1%.
6. Over 20% of the S&P CNX 500 conglomerates have corporate offices in Gujarat.
7. Over 35% of the stock market wealth of India is with Gujarati People.
8. Gujarat is having the longest sea shore compared to any other Indian state.
9. Gujarat is having the highest no. of operating airports in India (Total 12).
10. India's 16% of Investment come from Gujarat.
11. Surat is one of the fastest growing cities in the world.
12. Gandhinagar is the Greenest Capital City in whole of Asia.
13. Gujarat is the safest state in India as far as the crime rate is concerned.
14. Gujarat is having one of the lowest crime rate against women among all Indian states.
15. Ahmedabad is ranked 2nd in Real Estate - Ahead of Bangalore,Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai & Delhi. 3rd in Policy Initiatives - Ahead of Bangalore, Chennai, Calcutta, Mumbai & Delhi. 4th in Manpower - Ahead of Bangalore,Chennai, Mumbai & Delhi.